Chris Bowser reveals the secret to get more product reviews on Amazon
With a few simple steps, you can kick start your online business! You won’t have to worry about the hassles of warehousing, picking, packing, and shipping. Amazon helps! However, becoming a top Amazon seller is easier said than done. Nevertheless, it’s not going to be as difficult when you are managing to get enough positive reviews on your product. This piece of writing will illustrate how to get more product reviews on Amazon. You’ll also discover officially endorsed techniques of Chris bowser. He is known as a great Amazon seller, proprietor of online auction learning center, and entrepreneur.
Importance of reviews
You will need to know why you should get those reviews in the first place. Approximately 90% of customers read reviews online before signing up for the services or products of any company. Customers have a satisfaction of settling on the right service. Reviews can have a huge effect on how your business is perceived. They also show how well you’re able to deliver satisfying services to your customers. A recent study about reviews report that:
- 85% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations
- 75% of consumers say positive customer reviews make them trust a business more
- 90% of consumers say that they read online reviews for local businesses
Now that you are aware of the importance of product reviews on Amazon, let us move on to how to get more reviews.
How to get more reviews on Amazon?
Here’s how to get legitimate, 100% authentic Amazon consumer reviews.
Deliver great customer experience: Your business starts and ends with a customer, so you need to make sure that you give them 100% satisfaction. This can be done through providing as much authentic information about the product as possible. It’s crucial not to mislead your customers and to being honest about what you are selling. It’s also important to explain how the product can benefit the user. The information that you provide should be clear and crisp and not raise any false expectations.
Follow-up with the customer: After sales, following up is highly important! Your business is not going to show you any kind of development if you simply close a sale without any follow-up. To be precise, you need to send follow-up emails asking feedback to your customers after the purchase. This can be a generic email, but Chris bowser suggests sending personalized review requests to make the essence felt. However, make sure that you keep this very simple and easy- for e.g. you can include a link.
How to work with reviewers
- Top Amazon reviewers- Amazon has their own set of top reviewers. These reviewers are appreciated for their insightful and objective assessment. You can seek out for them and their feedback. A lot of these top Amazon reviewers hold titles such as “Top Ten Reviewer,” or “Hall of Fame Reviewer.” You’ll find these titles on view at the side of their reviews, making their appraisals ultra-valuable.
- Send a sample to interested reviewers- One way this can be done is by creating a multi-channel fulfillment order. You can also deliver the product to their mailing address straight from your stockroom or warehouse. By generating a special coupon code in Amazon’s scheme, you can let the commentator add the manufactured goods to their cart for free. However, as you do this, you need to make sure that the reviewer/reviewers don’t disclose that they got the product at no cost in order not to infringe FTC (Fair Trade Commission) rules and to have the comment removed by Amazon. That being said, they are well-aware of this, but you need to confirm the same.
The “Do Not” list of Amazon
- Reviewing your own product on Amazon is one of the biggest mistakes. You’ll find that even some of the savviest sellers do. Never, ever review your own product on Amazon. This is something unequivocally in opposition to Amazon’s terms of service. It’s certainly not worth the pain of having your manufactured goods listing (or even entire seller account!) shut down. As a matter of fact, it’s wise to not have anyone from the same IP address (e.g. your home or office where you might be using Amazon) review your products.
- Another one of the biggest mistakesyou can do to your Amazon selling business is offering an incentive for a positive review. This incentive mentioned here can be in any form; being a cash bonus, a discount on future sales, or perhaps an entry into a contest. Any potential benefit can lead to suspension of your seller account.
Keep it simple by providing genuine services and you are sure to receive the fruits for every hard work that you put in. By this means, you will not only satisfy your customers and your business, but you also will have a satisfaction that will induce you to do more business resulting in success.
Final points by Chris Bowser